Recently, a strong emphasis has been placed on establishing rehabilitation protocols after primary total hip and knee arthroplasty in an attempt to shorten, improve, and standardize the postoperative period of recovery. Less invasive surgical techniques, patient demands, and the pressure of insurance regulations have forced postoperative rehabilitation to be placed on an expedited scale. With these concerns in mind, we introduce a pre- and postarthroplasty program involving the Pilates method. Modified exercises have been developed to account for the postoperative precautions and needs of total hip and knee arthroplasty patients. A patient-driven interest in the use … Read the Rest
Hip Stories about Total Hip Replacements
Do you have a personal Hip Story you would like to share with others? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your story
- Larry Miller Bilateral Total Hip Replacement 2013
- Diane Wilson Bilateral Total Hip Replacement 2013
- Ed Tobachnik Total Hip Replacement at 90 Years Old with Dr. Cobelli 2014
- Dianne’s Total Hip Replacement with Dr. Hanson 2014
- Ann’s Total Hip Replacement 2013
- Ed Broadbent’s Total Hip Replacement 2013
- 12 Year Old Child with Fused Hip Receives THR
What to Expect After Anterior Approach Hip Replacement Surgery by Dr. DeCook 2011.
Dr. Charlie DeCook, orthopaedic surgeon and total joint replacement specialist at The Longstreet Clinic, P.C., in Gainesville, Ga., explains what to expect after anterior approach hip replacement surgery.
Dr. Charles DeCook
655 Jesse Jewell Pkwy Se
Gainesville, GA 30501
Phone: (770) 532-7092