I just wanted to log my experience getting a hip resurfacing. I’ll try to give facts and not opinions but it may be hard.
01. Researched resurfacing starting in 2006. Stumbled on your site or at least your Yahoo group.
02. Decided on a resurfacing in Aug 2007.
03. Decided on a doctor, Mitchell B. Sheinkop, who agreed to do a BHR on my left hip which was bone-on-bone from osteoarthritis. He also told me that he would use the posterior. We scheduled for Nov 2007.
04. At the pre-op visit the Friday before the Monday surgery, Dr. Sheinkop’s colleague told me that the doctor would be using a direct lateral approach and using the Cormet device. Because this wasn’t what I wanted and what we had agreed to, I canceled the surgery.
05. While trying to decide whether to have the surgery or cancel it, I was able …