- 3 weeks after Direct Superior Total Hip Replacement 2017
- 79 Year Old’s Anterior THR by Dr. Sumko 2017
- Ann Kluchar Anterior Approach THR 2013
- Anterior Personal Video Stories
- Brenda Brooks Bilateral Anterior Hip Replacement 2014
- Dan’s Minimally Invasive Anterior THR with Dr. Donald Hohman 2016
- Deb’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Peace 2016
- Dorothy Discusses Bilateral THR with Posterior Approach and one with Anterior Approach
- Doug Bruns Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Brian McGrory 2015
- Fred E’s Anterior THR with Dr. Zeegen 2011
- Gary Hagberg’s Bilateral THR with Dr. Schnaubelt 2015
- GM’s Anterior Hip Replacement with Dr. Mast 2013
- Jason’s Anterior Approach THR
- Jim’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Messieh
- Joe’s Direct Superior total hip replacement by Dr. Sumko
- Karen McKinzie’s Anterior Total Hip Replacement 2015
- Left THR Anterior Approach 1 Week Post Op with Dr. Messieh
- Margit L’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr.
Published on Sep 24, 2017 – Dr. Michael Sumko utilizes muscle sparing total knee and Hip approaches to produce incredible results and return patients back to their activity levels more quickly. These minimally invasive approaches are availble to all usually no matter the severity of the disease as seen in this video. No pain medication! Home more quickly, less time in therapy! Recover more quickly!
Published on Oct 25, 2017 Patient returns 3 weeks after hip replacement with Dr. Lige Kaplan. He is not using a cane and has no limp. …
Sep 16, 2017 Dr. Michael Sumko utilizes muscle sparing total knee and Hip approaches to produce incredible results and return patients back to their activity levels more quickly. These minimally invasive approaches are availble to all usually no matter the severity of the disease as seen in this video. No pain medication! Home more quickly, less time in rehab!…
My name is Robert Hess and I’m 80 years old and I had a hip problem for 3 or 4 years, suffering and I had a meeting with Dr. Henderson and we decided to perform the surgery. I spent overnight in the hospital after the surgery. Went in at 7:30 in the morning. The next morning they had me up walking around the hospital with a walker and after lunch in the afternoon I experienced walking up and down stairs with a cane. Not only was I shocked the fact that I could walk that much but the fact that I had absolutely no pain whatsoever. Went to physical therapy 4 to 6 weeks. I was back to normal playing golf, driving an automobile and again, absolutely no pain. One of the better things I ever did or decisions that I made was the fact of meeting with Dr.
Published on Mar 18, 2015
Karen McKinzie experienced hip pain that interfered with her interior design career and daily life for years. Osteoarthritis had caused her hip joint to disintegrate. When she looked into hip replacement, she discovered her local Baylor Medical Center offered an anterior approach. In this innovative procedure, surgeons reach the hip socket through an incision in the front of the hip. Since no major muscles or ligaments are cut, patients experience a faster recovery and quicker rehab. “Anterior hip replacement at Baylor made my life beautiful again. It’s so important for people to know this is an option.”
For more information about orthopedic services, call 1.800.4BAYLOR or visit http://www.baylorhealth.com/Ortho…
Brenda Brooks had been active all her life. “I loved to bike ride, walk three or four miles a day, and play tennis,” she said. But with excruciating pain in her hips, every move hurt. According to Brenda, “my hips were a mess.” At her local Baylor Scott & White medical center, a surgeon on the medical staff performed a bilateral anterior hip replacement. It was life-changing. “I cannot tell you the joy I’ve had every day since then,” she said. “It’s like I have my life back. I will forever be grateful.”
For more information about Baylor Scott & White Health, visit http://www.BaylorScottandWhite.com
Sep 16, 2013 – This video is from a horse show in Sonoma last weekend where after only nine months after you replaced my second hip I was not only back in the show ring but winning! And with NO PAIN!!!!!
Published on Dec 30, 2015
Before Ola Ford was a patient at Piedmont, severe hip pain was greatly limiting her mobility, so much that she sometimes had to use a walker or even a wheel chair. After her total hip replacement, this grandmother and pastor’s wife is able to enjoy the active life she wanted. With the direct anterior approach, she had less pain, less downtime and fewer restrictions than traditional methods.