- 1 Year Update David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing with Professor Cobb 2017
- 10 Month Update David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing by Professor Cobb 2017
- 9 Year Update Toby’s Hip Resurfacing Professor Cobb 2010
- David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing with Professor Cobb 2017
- New hip resurfacing implant could lead to better outcomes for patients 2018
- Professor Cobb and H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing Patients
- Professor Cobb Hip Resurfacing Stories
Published to inform the public about hip and knee replacement surgery in the U.S
Rosemont, Ill. – July 24, 2017 – The American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR), a clinical data registry for the collection of hip and knee replacement data, has published the 2016 Report to the Public About Hip and Knee Replacements, the first-ever patient summary of the clinical data available in its Annual Report.
As a multi-stakeholder organization, AJRR takes great pride in incorporating the voice of the patient, which is present in its governance through the Public Advisory Board (PAB) and representation on the AJRR Board of Directors. The mission of the PAB is to improve the value of the AJRR by ensuring a public voice in the Registry’s data collection, reporting, and utilization activities.
“Spearheaded by members of our Public Advisory Board, this report was developed to share what we are learning about hip and knee …
- Anterior Approach Helps Tom Watson Play Historic British Open
- Anterior Personal Stories
- Arabella D’s Anterior Total Hip Replacement with Parcells 2018
- Ben’s THR by Dr. Kreuzer 2009
- Dana Potts Anterior Total Hip Replacement by Dr. Richard Berger 2018
- Don B’s Total Hip Replacement Anterior Approach with Dr. Kreuzer 2007
- Dr. Wallin’s Anterior Approach THR
- Jason’s Anterior Approach THR
- John Smith’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Saunders 2016
- Julie’s Total Hip Replacement by Mr. Ng 2017
- Lisa E’s THR with Anterior Approach 2008
- Lisa E’s THR with Anterior Approach 2008
- Lyn M’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Kreuzer 2008
- Margit L’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Zeegen 2011
- Mindy Shufelt’s Anterior Total Hip Replacement by Dr. Grammer 2018
- Ned G’s THR Anterior Approach by Dr. Kreuzer 2006
- Pauline Kapoun Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Boese 2015
- Reggie Vanderpool Anterior Approach THR with Dr. Alden 2013
- Reggie’s Anterior Approach THR with Dr.
Results from this study demonstrated the infection burden for total hip arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty increased over 6 years among international arthroplasty registries…
Findings showed the infection burden for THA in 2015 was a 97% unweighted average…
…previous averages were from 2012, 2013, and 2014 for THA were 0.87%, 0.93% and 0.94%,…
July 5, 2017 – Rate of joint replacement in patients with RA declined after inclusion of biologics in treatment guidelines
MADRID — Among patients with rheumatoid arthritis, the incidence of knee and hip replacement declined after the introduction of biologics to national treatment guidelines, according to a recently published analysis.
“Our findings show a clear downward trend in these two operations in [rheumatoid arthritis] RA patients in Denmark since the additions of [biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs] bDMARDs to treatment protocols,” Lene Dreyer, MD, from the Center for Rheumatology and Spine Diseases in Denmark, said. “Also, the overall pattern of our findings is in line with those recently reported from England and Wales.”…
Published on Feb 26, 2016 A recent development in hip replacement techniques results in less pain, faster recovery, and improved mobility. Dr. Harold Rees describes this anterior approach after operating on one of his patients and observing the remarkable results.
Excellent animation of the complete THR surgery via Anterior Approach
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) UK has called for longer-term monitoring of all patients fitted with metal-on-metal hip implants, as a precautionary measure, in an update to its original guidance issued in 2012.
“MHRA, in colsultation with its independent Metal-on-Metal Expert Advisory Group (MoM EAG), has continued to monitor the performance of MoM hip joint articulations for the occurrence of soft tissue reaction associated with these devices. However, some patients will develop progressive soft tissue reactions to the wear debris associated with MoM articulations.”
Advice varies according to device, age and sex of patients.